One Aldwych Hotel London
First built in 1907 for The Morning Post Newspaper, the English Heritage Grade 11 listed building was originally designed by Charles Mewes and Arthur Davis, the Anglo-French partnership who designed the Ritz hotels in London and Paris. Considered by many to be one of Londons finest Edwardian properties the building over a period of years would house the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Works, Prudential Assurance Company, Lloyds Bank and the Aldwych Brasserie. Much later architects Jestico & Whiles and interior designer Mary Fox Linton were employed to create the One Aldwych Hotel which opened in 1998. Twenty years on and still under independent ownership the 93 room, 12 suite One Aldwych Hotel is currently being re-furbished by a team including Robert Angel International Design and Fabled Studio and scheduled to re-open late spring 2019.
The designers specified products from the Ambassador Classic range and included in addition to standard switches and sockets, combination sockets, bespoke underfloor heating control and DND switches all finished in Satin Brass to ensure continuity across all power and lighting controls in the rooms.